Six months ago we were poised to rejuvenate season two of TBR. Some of us actually did submit articles for inclusion but it never went beyond my draft. Sorry, my mistake actually. I thank all those who gave an article for that bungled season two. My apologies, to all of you.
To make amends and to revive our thirst for more blogging action, I, together with some blogging MDs are re-launching Season Two of TBR. No fanfare, just pure blogging indulgence on stuff that affects our lives, our patients and the world we live in as physicians. I’m sure we all miss the fun!
I’m encouraging my fellow blogger MDs to comment below if you wanted to again join TBR. It will also be our guide in choosing our host blogs for the carnival. For those who are new to TBR feel free to read our previous round ups and guides here so you will know how and when can you join.
Here are a few new guidelines for the Season Two of The Blog Rounds:
- The Blog Rounds edition host each week shall be chosen at least 3 days prior to posting of the call of articles. Adherence to hosting schedule is very much encouraged.
- Call for articles for the upcoming TBR edition should be posted on the host blog by 6:00PM PST of Sunday
- Blog articles for carnival are due by 11:59 PM PST Friday the same week.
- The Blog Rounds round up of posts will posted on the host’s blog, 12NN Saturday the same week after the call for article post.
- Send the host- blogger for that edition (schedules are listed here) an email containing the title and url link to your post.
- One entry per blogger.
- Short, recent posts between 200 and 300 words are preferred, but we’re not banning dissertations should you insist.
- Posts are to be written for a general audience and may be medical or non medical, depending on the category or topic chosen by the host blogger.
- The host blogger has the sole authority and responsibility of choosing the topic, announcing them, receiving the contributions, proof reading it, and posting them as he/she deemed fit for his/her topic of choice.
In short, we’re reverting back to the old weekly blog rounds format, but with a shorter more concise posts. Also, the scheduling is designed with the work week and leisurely weekend in mind that approximates a busy MD schedule. Of course there is always a leeway for the schedule especially during emergencies, but I highly encourage contributors and host to stick our schedules which I will be posting soon.
One more thing, I’m changing our TBR logo to a simpler one for easy pasting on all our blogs. Lets enjoy blogging again!
I miss the blog rounds. Everyone else I talked to seem to miss our blog rounds. Even some of my non medical friends miss it too. Heck they were actually reading our blogs!