RESOLUTION OF THE COLLEGE COUNCIL OF THE UP COLLEGE OF MEDICINE ON THE APPOINTMENT OF THE DIRECTOR OF THE PHILIPPINE GENERAL HOSPITAL UNIVERSITY OF THE PHILIPPINES MANILA
- Whereas the University of the Philippines Board of Regents in its 1252nd meeting on December 18, 2009, appointed Dr. Jose Castillo Gonzales as Director, Philippine General Hospital, University of the Philippines Manila from January 1, 2010 to December 31, 2012;
- Whereas Dr Jose Gonzales took his oath of office as Director of Philippine General Hospital, University of the Philippines Manila before the BOR Chair on December 21, 2009 and before the UP Manila Chancellor on January 7, 2010;
- Whereas Dr. Jose Gonzales has already served as PGH director and has performed responsibly since January 4, 2010 with honor , integrity and transparency;
- Whereas under Civil Service Laws, Dr. Jose Gonzales can only be removed as PGH Director for due cause;
- Whereas the removal of Dr. Jose Gonzales as PGH Director is unjust and arbitrary, he should therefore continue to perform his duties and functions as Director of PGH for the welfare of the Filipino people;
- Whereas the College Council of the UP College of Medicine upholds Academic Freedom, human rights, due processes and the protection of its constituents under the Civil Service Law;
We, the members of the College Council of the UP College of Medicine resolve, as it is hereby resolved:
That we recognize and support Dr. Jose Gonzalez as the duly appointed UP PGH director from January 1, 2010 to December 31, 2012 in accordance with his original appointment.
Approved on the 2nd day of March 2010 at the Class 64 lecture room, UP College of Medicine, 547 Pedro Gil St, Ermita, Manila.