Perhaps one of the many reasons why this blog hasn’t reach half of its intended readers could also be attributed to the small and narrow reader population of this blog. While a clear cut niche for blogging is considered a “plus” for the weblog, it may also be a costly weakness.
Here is why:
- Just how many are there who read and react to a medical blog? Or those who read orthopedic blogs in the Philippines? If there are any, then they are hardly noticeable. Some might be just actually passing by from other blogs linking to this weblog. And for many who were just “passing by” perhaps even fewer know they had some orthopedic concerns in one way or another.
These are the other weaknesses of this blog:
- No hosted or personalized domain.
- Poor blog software which causes slow page loading, limited functionalities etc.
- Limited spaces for adds with no clearcut advertising policy
- Low traffic volume from search engines, and links that translates into few “walk ins” or audience.
- Unavoidable use of medical jargons.
I can still identify some more weaknesses, but I think these are the glaring ones that will have greater impact on the success of the weblog.
Update: I will add another blog weakness that I think a fellow ortho blogger (someonetc) has (unintentionally) pointed out.
- Small links with fellow (orthopedic) blogger.