These Filipino docs may have a very busy clinic or duty days, but blogging is part of their routines. Blogging may be after all, one of their stress reduction prescription- Pinoy style!
Em Dy of Pulse have compiled blogs of Filipino MDs in the blogosphere including some (Martin B. of On My Way Home, Doc Emer of Parallel Universes, Prudence MD by Tess R. and yes Em Dy‘s Pulse ) of the well known personalities in the medical blogosphere, and some ‘Juan-came-lately” newbie blogger doc (like me).
So perhaps, Pinoy MDs are taking more active “utilization” of this form of social media after all!Blogs may not be medically related, but they are as interesting as the docs themselves!
Here is the list and the complete descriptions of the blogs by Em Dy of Pulse. I can’t think of better descriptions of the blogs than what Em Dy has wrote. So I’m lifting it here verbatim!
- On My Way Home. This is the blog of Dr. Martin Bautista who is perhaps the most popular among the Filipino doctor bloggers. His fame is not so much due to his blogging but because of his attempt to run for a Senate seat. Although unsuccessful in his bid, the votes that he garnered is testament that the Filipinos are ready for change.
- Prudence and Madness. Tess Termulo is a well-known figure in the Philippine blogosphere. She talks about medicine, personal and socially relevant issues and even shares her dreams.
- Parallel Universes. Also well-known among Pinoy bloggers, Doc Emer writes mostly about medicine but occasionally ventures into posts very distinct from medicine.
- Finestkind Clinic and Fish Market. Retired physician Dr. Nancy Reyes dispenses her thoughts on medicine, culture and the joys of cooking pancit.
- No Special Effects. The doctor who runs this blog, Manggy, is addicted to dessert.
- Feeding the Boys. A dermatologist now living in Canada, CTL shares her adventures in the kitchen.
- My Little Space. This is Dr. Gita Asuncion’s home on the web. Here, she shares her life, what she’s seen, felt and heard, where she’s been and more.
- Super Dok. Amelyn R. Rafael, MD wears many hats, those of a mom, practicing physician, teacher, wife, etc. With all that multi-tasking, she’s definitely super.
- Shouting My Whispers to the Universe. This is the personal blog of a female Filipino doctor who calls herself Midnight Rainbow.
- MegaLife. Written by MegaMom, this blog is a collection of posts about food, wine, coffee, books, music, art, movies, health, family, altruism, everything but bowling. Now blogging at Pinay MegaMom.
- Notes of an Anesthesioboist. I found Dr. T. Legarda from a comment in MarketManila. She was born in Manila and now engages in anesthesiology (private practice) in Boston since the move to the US in 1981.
- My Life and My Scrapbooking. Dr. Rita Marie S. Vergara is a pediatric pulmonologist and is a certified scrapaholic.
- The Doctor is a Photographer. Dr. Antonio C. Comia shows us that his photographic eye is as good as his clinical eye.
- Ripples from the River of my Thoughts. A physician from Cebu, JA also likes to dabble in creative writing.
- Payb-Pifty Lang Po. This is Doc Broks’ funny blog.
- Samu’t Sari. A personal blog with interesting takes on theater, dance and travel, Samu’t Sari is all that and much more.
- Differentials. Another personal blog, this time by a female physician on her way to becoming an internist.
- Sympathomimesis. Dr. Rosseau, another would be internist, channels his thoughts in this site.
- Aloyloy. Probably, the strangest name among the blogs listed, this one focuses on politics and pop.
- Lifeline. Reeza is a doctor from Lipa who has only recently started blogging.
- So Far, So Good. Dr. Christian Gomez describes himself as multi-faceted. His blog is similarly so.
- Life Journal of an Integrative Medical Doctor. A geriatrician who calls himself XyberDoc talks about his life and medical practice.
- Pepper Says. A newly licensed doctor in transition from school to work blogs about her universe.
- It’s Me! Raphael. This doctor from Cebu talks about family, medicine, technology and religion.
- Mah Lyf. Norwin Detalla is another doctor blogger from Cebu.
- The Last Frontier. This is the blog of Raul Espinoza Ramos, a doctor who’s also a nurse.
- Chronicles from the Middle of Nowhere. Dr. Clairebear describes herself as a young doctor in quarter-life crisis, wandering through life for the first time without a map.
- My Sanctuary. Doc Mai is a Filipino doctor based in Mindanao who once dreamed of a Palance award. She rekindles her love for writing in this blog.
- Merry Cherry. Merry Cherry is a doctor to the barrios who blog about her adventures both in the city and in the country.
- Checking In. This is the blog of Dr. Geena Macalua, an internist-oncologist. Here she talks about medicine and life in general.
- Sison of Love. It’s obvious that Doc Cristina loves two things: music and love.
- www.thekid.tk. TK is an internist/medical officer whose mission in life is to make good memories with his children.
- Doralicious. Another doctor who wears many hats, Dorothy is a psychologist turned physician turned public servant.
- At Random Ness. Based in Dumaguete, Ness blogs about medicine, family and friends.
- The Orthopedic Logbook. Bone MD writes about issues affecting his daily medical and orthopedic practice.
- Okasaneko Chronicles. This is the blog of KittyMama, a doctor whose passions in life include autism and Hello Kitty.
Thanks again Em Dy. And to those interested we can form a blog carnival of Filipino MDs. Please don’t hesitate to contact me (email) or leave a comment here!