Since I started The Orthopedic Logbook about three and half year ago, I never thought such knee jerk “jump” at this social media will have any impact on any readers at all. Health blogging is at its greatest boom back then and I know my blog would just be one of the thousands targeting the health niche. But grabbing a niche and be popular wasn’t my agenda then. It isn’t, and will not be up to now.
I’d started blogging about almost everything including health care in order harness my writing skills and share information. There’s a lot I learned (and I’m still learning) in med school, the hospital and in the lives of every patient physician’s out there. Holding these information to myself will benefit no one. There’s no way but to share it too, to be part of a greater community knowledge and for a better health care. The influx of information, including those in medicine, came rapidly and tremendously because sharing of ideas exploded. This blog contribution to health care, though how minuscule, will go a long way in shaping the minds of wired, health care citizens.
I’m bringing health and health care information right in front of our wired health citizens out there, Filipinos and globally. Majority of Filipinos are not yet connected to the net, but the increasing trends points to a better scenario in the years to come. That’s inevitable too. Filipinos will surely, later if not sooner. The powers of these new social media in connecting people and providing information is an inescapable paradigm. Either we take advantage of it or we stagnate with health care information.
So next year, after 167 posts and 108 comments, The Orthopedic Logbook will
- Continue to deliver personalized health and health care ideas right in your desktop.
- It will also maximize the other emerging social media to help anchor these ideas to your needs. Facebook and Twitter have invaded the web and health care has yet to capitalize on these growing third media.
- Majority of Filipinos are interconnected via cellphone and sms, that should be another good area to explore.
- The author will also talk on various social media forums on health care and health care blogging.
- I will also try to “create” community for health care readers and health care writers…
Thank you my dear patrons and readers. Expect a better and simpler Logbook in the years to come! Don’t hesitate to subscribe to this blog, comment on any of my posts or just contact me thru mail for any suggestions to wanted to convey. I promise you I’ll answer them in the soonest possible moment! Thank you once again and Merry Christmas!