On Saturday January 4, 2014 10:00 AM Philippine Standard Time, #HealthXPh will be formally launched live on Google+ Hangout on Air (HOA). Core collaborators discussed the framework for #HealthXPh in the last Hangout on Air. In summary;
HealthXPh is a platform for healthcare stakeholders – physicians, patients, healthcare institutions, academe and policy makers, to discuss emerging technologies in health as it impacts the Philippine health landscape.
#HealthXPh Hangout on Air will be a regular Saturday event for the HealthXPh community. #HealthXPh’s format is basically similar to #HCLDR chats, thanks to our colleagues Lisa Fields (@PracticalWisdom) and Colin Hung (@Colin_Hung) at Healthcare Leadership Blog. Topics and a corresponding speaker or panel of speakers will be assigned to each hangout sessions. Each hangout sessions will also have a preassigned moderator.
Participants are encouraged to join the discussions and will be given time to speak or ask questions during interactive sessions. Questions maybe entertained thru Google chat ( which is just beside your Google+ hangout window) twitter using hashtag #HealthXPh or tru our FB group and FB page during the live session.
The topics for this Saturday’s HOA are:
- T1 Panel: What is #HealthXPh from the core collaborators?
- T2 Open Mike: What emerging technologies do you find important and relevant in healthcare?
- T3 Open Mike: What do you think are the obstacles to the use of emerging technologies in healthcare?
- Closing Thought (CT): What’s one thing you’ve learned in todays discussion that you can take to your place of influence to help a patient or colleague tomorrow?
Dr. Remo-tito Aguilar will be the moderator for this HOA.
Here’s some very good articles you can get ideas for discussion along the Philippine healthcare context.
- Let’s start a grassroots physician social media movement. Wes Fisher MD. on KevinMD.com
- Seven Effective Ways to Engage on Twitter (shared by @endocrine_witch)
- 7 Social media blunders to avoid in 2014 (shared by @cebumd @endocrine_witch)